Currently there are many references on parenting available. Bookshops are full of books that tell you what to do with your family but many of these books have no reference to God. In many of such books, the end justifies the means but in the working of God, the means is just as important as the end. Grace Community International (GCI) and Raising Future Parents of The Navigators-Kenya have designed programs to equip parents on how to train, instruct, guide coach and discipline their children using Biblical principles.
“Winning the world through heads of households” Acts 16:31
“Discipling the world through families” Joshua 24:15
To spread this parenting principles all over Africa
To equip the heads of households within the church to evangelize and disciple first their families and ultimately, through the multiplication of this ministry their community, the world.
The parenting classes are ideal for parents with children below 18 years. Services are also extended to teachers dealing with children and organized groups such as churches and schools.
What is covered?
The workshop covers a whole range of topics, which include:
- The authority and supremacy of God’s word
- The Scriptural Basis for Training and Discipling of Children
- The Training Process – An Explanation of Discipline; Suggested levels of Discipline; The training Process; wisdom and life skills; Father and mothers
- The spiritual Development of Your Children
- Drawing Near to Your Child by Helping Your Child to be a Success
- Drawing near to Your Child through Play and Affection
- The Transition Years into Adolescence
The dedicated team includes: Rev & Mrs Mahon (USA), Dr. Stanley & Patience Mukolwe, Benson & Monica Otemba, David & Margaret Karang’atha, and Dr. Samson & Patricia Wasao.
The Parenting Workshop is offered twice a year :
- January to April
- August to November
Each workshop runs for 12 weeks, with a series of interactive lectures and discussions, every Saturday from 7:00 – 9:00 am. The workshop takes up a limited number of people.
The Navigators-Kenya, Kamburu Drive off Ngong’ Road
KES 7,930 per person. The fee is inclusive of breakfast and two published books that will be used throughout the class, Raising The Next generation and Raising Future Parents
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone :+254-790-152-080 or +254-733-948-854
- Website: http://www.raisingfutureparents.com/